Benefits of volunteering I Volunteer Australia
Volunteering is all about making a difference in your community; it also benefits you personally as it offers the chance to:
- Act on your values, passions and interests
- Make new friendships and create professional networks
- Gain work experience and learn new skills
- Enjoy new social and cultural experiences
- Develop personally and build confidence
- Enjoy better physical and mental health as studies show volunteering makes us healthier and happier
- Challenge yourself in a supportive environment
- Feel warm and fuzzy about helping your community
- Have fun!
Volunteers are happier, healthier and sleep better than those who don’t volunteer. Just a few hours of volunteer work can make a difference to your happiness and mood!